Thursday, April 26, 2007

OSCAR Roundup : WORST DRESSED Pt. 3

3) Jennifer Lopez


J-lo, J-lo, J-lo.....I don't get it. What's happened to you? I understand that you've tried to re-envision yourself in the post-Bennifer world. I understand that you're desperately trying to distance yourself from the diva image you had in the past and present a more covered up, classy version of yourself. But honey, you're trying WAY too hard. You're losing yourself in the process. Where's my Jenny from the Block? I'll admit that there comes a time in everyone's life when they need to change, grow, mature. But when this happens, the essence of the person should stay the same. J-lo, I feel like I don't know you anymore. I was there when you asked "I you had my Love...would you comfort me?" I even defended when they all slammed Gigli...and believe me...that wasn't easy to do. Sure you may change husbands as often as some of us change unversity programs, but damn girl, you look absolutely fabulous doing it.
So what gives? Stop trying to change who you are. You're a diva. A Lolita-like temptress that settles for nothing but the best. You've got a business sense and a skill for multi-tasking that even Trump can't trump. You command attention just by being yourself. I agree that you should evolve your look, keep it fresh. But no need to morph into a Stepford wife.


Your dove grey Marchesa dress was okay. But Jenny, okay doesn't cut it for you. Not at the Oscars anyway. Sure every now and then the camera would grab some great angles of you, but on the whole, it lacked your signature pizazz. I could tell that there's that part of you inside that screaming to come out again and be daring and sexy. Your hair and makeup were flawless, as usual. You looked divine from the waist up. Below that it was all a mess. It completely and totally shrouded your awesome bod.

To be honest, your dress this year was a huge improvement over that dreadful mess that you wore last year. I'm all for vintage couture, but that avocado green Jean Dessès gown was not it. Sure the colour was lovely, but the draping at the waist did nothing for your figure and made you seem wider than you were. Also, the tan was so bright it was almost radioactive.












Here's a reminder of your more stellar moments.

1) The infamous dove-grey Chanel Couture @ 2001 Oscars (her top was so see-through, the camera man had to shoot her from the neck up)


2) In seafoam Vintage Valentino Couture @ 2003 Oscars (based on one Val made for Jackie O). This is at the height of the modern day Liz Taylor-like spectacle that was Bennifer.


3) In gorgeous orange sherbet Michael Kors. Bear in mind that this was a couple days after Bennifer announced their breakup and Jennifer dared to appear in public alone. She looked fabulous.


4) A classic JLo look, here in Roberto Cavali.

No comments: