Monday, January 18, 2010

2010 Golden Globes: Best Dressed

In the sea of red-carpet sameness, one other person stood out at the Golden Globes:


BEST DRESSED : GINNIFER GOODWIN



As soon as I saw a photo of her Vionnet dress, my jaw dropped. Her dress was fresh, fun, youthful and didn't look like she was trying too hard. It perfectly suited the occasion. The colour was vibrant, the proportion worked with her frame, and the draping details were lovely. It didn't overpower her in any way, and I wasn't distracted by anything like crazy ruffles, or mad-cap shoes...I just looked at her. I especially loved how she accessorized the look. Beautiful long earrings that drew attention to her face (and that fab new hair cut), and those editorial shoes. Black and Blue is not safe combination, but it worked. Also, the way she stood and held that umbrella added to the appeal.

As I often do, I checked the On the Runway Blog to see if anything was reported on the Globes. The blog's author, NY Times Fashion Critic Cathy Horyn, posted that she didn't see anyone that really caught her attention. She too was tired of the bland carbon copies, and was on the lookout for something fresh, and fun. I thought to myself, what of Ginnifer? I was delighted to see that in her second Globes post, she further commented that "Ginnifer looked terrific"....and exemplified the new style she was referring to earlier. It's encouraging to know that she and I were on the same wavelength.

Photo Credits: GettyImages.com

No comments: