Thursday, January 21, 2010

Pirate John



This video features the wonderful John Galliano in conversation, as he explores the wonderful treasures of the House of Dior. He such a pirate, that John, and I admire him. Here we get to see a small sampling of the fantastic archives of Maison Dior. As John shows each piece, he explains the story behind it and highlights the workmanship in each fantastic garment. I love the contrast, yet similarity, between the original work of Christian Dior, and John's present day creations.

Who is John?

John Galliano - Trustee of the Dior Legacy, is my Fashion Idol. John's talent is monumental. But beyond this, it is his outlook on life and his humanity that I so strongly am drawn to. He has served as mentor to me for as long as I can remember an interest in fashion. His business sense, immense creativity and humlity teach me that I can become a success, while keeping my soul intact. I am forever in his debt.

A cool quote from John : " It's been a long time since I left (college) but I still feel like a pirate that is plundering the globe for beauty and gems of ideas. A memory, a moment, a person is the greatest treasure... but a diamond is a very good second."

No comments: