Thursday, July 23, 2009

Holt Renfrew Challenge #2

CHALLENGE #2:

Stage a Walk Off showcasing your best runway walk.

How much fun is this!!!!! I can immediately thinking of so many songs to stomp to!

The Look:


Key components of my runway look.

I would pick a look that reflects my personal style. My style is all about easy comfort, old-school tailoring, and good fit. Add in a pop of colour and the odd accessory, and well...you have me! A typical outfit consists of dark brown pants/ boot-fit jeans, a fitted shirt (in either blue or a jewel tone) and brown shoes. To add interest I wear funky socks, and depending on the weather, a scarf and newsboy hat.

My runway outfit would be a reflection of this, but turned up to maximum volume. This is after all, a fashion challenge. Why not go for it?!
I'd pick up a pair of dark red Slim Fit pants from American Eagle (on sale), add a fitted blue shirt, and the black pinstripe vest I already own (H&M). I add comb my hair out into an Afro of curly madness, and tie a bandanna with the Guyanese flag around my forehead like a headband. It seems a bit much, but the red, blue, black and green & Yellow (from the scarf) actually complement each other. I'd wear a pair of bright yellow socks and my black & white Converse.


Hair & Pants like my friend on the right; black & white Converse, although mine aren't high tops; a bandana tied like a head band.

Music:
Three great songs come to mind for stomping fierceness:
1) Take me out - Franz Ferdinand (the beat just begs for walking)
2) Numba One - Kardinal Offishall ft. Keri Hilson (a great gyrating song)
3) Crazy in Love - Beyonce (the ultimate runway song...ever)

Sequence:

Since I'm only allowed about a minute and a half for my clip, I'd combine the best parts of two songs. I'd pick songs 2 & 3, with Kardinal in the intro. As he screams "Everybody light it up!!" I stand with my back to the camera, one hand in the air, counting down from 5. I'd turn around and the music would switch to the opening notes of Crazy in Love. I'd stomp down the runway, with my best emotive expressions. As I pause at the end of the catwalk, Keri Hilson's hook from Numba One would play "I'm going to be your numba one..." and I'd do my best 'The Rock' eyebrow.



Kardinal Offishall ft. Keri Hilson, 'Numba One'


Beyonce's 'Crazy in Love.'

Setting:

It would be shot during late afternoon, somewhere outdoors where I can see the sunset. I'd probably head to York U and find some deserted space there. I can already think of a small courtyard off Vari Hall with great shrubs and plantings that is always deserted. Better yet, the rooftop of of the Ross building. That would provide a great vantage point with both the architecture of York and the setting sun as a backdrop.


Scenes @ York U: Vari Hall ; The great rooftop of the Ross building

No comments: