Friday, July 3, 2009

On Life Coaching



I am huge advocate of Life Coaching. Why? Because i have seen the results first hand.

Many people think that Life Coaching is just a fancy name for Counselling, but it so much more than that. It is about encouraging, empowering, wisdom and awareness. That is the most important lesson that I have learned in my Life Coaching: Being aware of my environment - the things I do, the people I interact with, the places I go. They all tell hugely about who I am as a person. Another lesson is this : I can change and affect my actions.

Another excerpt from my e-mail to a close friend that I thought would be a great post. (Hope you don't mind amiga!) :

" The reason I love my Life Coach is that she is creative, compassionate and extremely wise. I am one of her youngest clients, but we still connect on every level. She has been doing costume design for the National Ballet and The Opera Atelier here in Toronto for years, before realizing - in her mid 40s - that life coaching was her calling. She realized that in her job, she wasn't just supervising the women who made the clothes, she was empowering them to believe in themselves and reach further beyond to something greater. She also worked for a long time at Mitchell's Book Store on their Corporate Restructuring team. So she decided to become qualified as a life coach (I didn't even know that you had to be certified) & and has launched her own business. I must send you the link to her website next time I e-mail you.

We go through a number of modules together that deal with topics like Understanding your History, Motivation, Purpose, Passions & Goals to name a few. I would highly recommend the experience to you amiga. Just being able to articulate my concerns and dreams to her has been a help so monumental, I can't put it into words. She understands the intense emotional rollercoaster that I go through some times, and I am able to discuss honestly with her my thoughts through the lens of "What would Christ have me do?" - without fearing that I'll be ridiculed by a secular coach.

I have a lot of deep affection for her. She and I have become friends over the past year - she is also the costume designer for the church plays that I was in, and it was with her and her two crazy friends that we did a road trip to Montreal last Sept. She has welcomed me with an openess and genuine heart that is SO rare in Canadian society."

She brings such insight and vitality to my life, constantly encouraging me to keep believing that this dream is doable.

Her company is called Creative Force Unleashed.

No comments: